HOLIDAYS TAILORED TO SUIT YOU
We want you to enjoy your holiday and your destination to the full, and to this end we aim to make our holidays as flexible as possible. This is your holiday!
The first step is to read our recommended walking itineraries that we’ve created for you after years of research and working in the area. Then you can contact Nikos or one of our team members to ask for advice and let us know of any special wishes you may have.
We like to work with our guests to create itineraries and walking holidays to suit their needs. For example…
- Would you like a more challenging or a more relaxed-pace itinerary offering you more time to relax and spend time on the beach?
- Would you like to combine your holiday with any other activities such as swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, archeology, wildlife observations to give you a few examples?
- Would you like advice on islands to visit or accommodation for the 2nd part of your holiday? You could combine two walking holidays (e.g. Naxos & Sifnos walking holidays) or different adventures (e.g. one week sailing and one week walking).
GUIDED VS PRIVATE WALKING HOLIDAYS
You can either join one of our groups and planned guided walking holidays or… we can work together to create a walking holiday specially for you, your family and your friends! You can choose the day you would like to start your holiday, which island or islands to walk, the length of your holiday and so on.
Please note that even during our group walking holidays, we still adapt the daily walks and pace according to the wishes of our guests. You will have plenty of time to stop, for example, to take a photo of a flower or rest or visit a place of interest upon demand. We are flexible!
Whether or not you walk and explore as a group or privately with your own guide, you will have the chance to learn all about the island’s history, culture, wildlife and will leave feeling you have had an unforgettable walking holiday!
As with any aspect of your holiday, please contact us if you need any advice on tailoring your walking holiday. Our friendly team has stayed in our featured guesthouses, are experts in personalising travel arrangements and will be able to guide you through the options available to you.
Matching the right walking grade to suit your ability and comfort level is key to your enjoyment. All our walking holidays can be adapted to be right for you!
Walks during our holidays can be challenging, moderate or leisurely or a combination of these:
- Challenging: If you already enjoy and are used to mountain or hill walking this will be ideal for you. You will walk more challenging tracks for around 6 hours per day including stops to rest.
- Moderate: This involves slightly less strenuous walking on easier to moderate slopes, tracks and paths which may be rough underfoot at times. There will be plenty of time to relax and observe the scenery. We walk for 4-6 hours per day.
- Leisure: No prior walking experience and only an average fitness is needed. The day involves easier walks, mostly on well defined paths and gently slopes with no special difficulties. We walk for 2-4 hours per day including stops for relaxing, observing and resting.
BEST TIME TO WALK IN GREECE
We organise these walking trail holidays all year round apart from mid July to the end of August when it’s too hot to hike.
- March: blossom is out.
- April to mid June: for wild flowers, sunshine and moderate temperatures. The Easter period is recommended as it’s one of the most important celebrations in Greece and you’ll have the chance to experience traditional feasts and gatherings.
- September – end of November: for warm seas, gentle weather and autumn flowers. Grapes and olive harvests are in September-November.
We have hand-picked and reserved for you our favourite family-run guesthouses run by locals. They are all traditional and have a local character. The owners are friendly and will do everything in their power for you to have a pleasant stay. In most of them you will have the chance to start the day with delicious breakfasts!
Please contact us for further information and any special wishes you may have regarding the accommodation…
FOR HELP AND ADVICE
Nikos and Annie have acquired extensive knowledge of the places we offer holidays to and built strong relationships with the local accommodation owners and other providers, meaning that you benefit from expert advice prior to your holiday.
When you contact our office, they will be very happy to help you choose the walking holiday that is right for you and answer all your questions…
Contact us at email@example.com